It’s our mission to improve our environmental practices as a company for both our customers and employees. That’s why we’ve designed our three point action plan that holds us, as a company, and you, as individuals, more accountable. We want clean adventures not just fun ones.
- You offset your carbon emissions on every trip you book by paying a little bit more (offset the duration of your return flights)
- We offset our own carbon emissions as a business on a monthly basis through ‘Ecologi’
- We commit ourselves to being part of the conversation by constantly improving, innovating and holding ourselves accountable to whatever needs to be done. We’re doing that through ‘Tourism Declares’
- We will be incentivising train travel to our Alpine trips in the near future
We Declare a Climate Emergency
We’ve signed up to Tourism Declares, an initiative that supports tourism businesses, organisations and individuals in declaring a climate emergency and taking purposeful action to reduce their carbon emissions as per the advice from The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030.
Like all signatories, we have committed to the following five actions:
1. Develop a ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ within the next 12 months, which sets out our intentions to reduce carbon emissions over the next decade.
2. Share an initial public declaration of our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’, and update on progress each year.
3. Accept current IPCC advice stating the need to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030 in order to keep the planet within 1.5 degrees of warming. We’ll ensure our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ represents actions designed to achieve this as a minimum, through delivering transparent, measurable and increasing reductions in the total carbon emissions per customer arising from our operations and the travel services sold by us.
4. Encourage our suppliers and partners to make the same declaration; sharing best practice amongst peers; and actively participate in the Tourism Declares community
5. Advocate for change. We recognise the need for system change across the industry to accelerate a just transition towards carbon-free tourism.
Please consider also declaring at www.tourismdeclares.com, and follow on @tourismdeclares on Twitter, Facebook or Linkedin