COMPETITION RULES – ADVENTURE BASE AND OSPREY TOUR DU MONT BLANC HIGHLIGHTS TREK
1. The “Competition” is open to all residents of all jurisdictions worldwide, unless where prohibited by local law. Employees of Adventure Base Ltd and Osprey Europe Limited are not eligible to enter.
2. No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter, submit your email address into the box presented on the Competition page. The Competition will begin on the 8th of April 2022 and will end at end at 23:59 (GMT) 17th of April 2022.
3. By entering the Competition, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Competition and for the purposes of understanding the needs and preferences of individuals or to develop, enhance, market and/or provide products and services. For the purposes of this Competition, you consent that Adventure Base Ltd may collect, use and share personal information with its Competition Partner, Osprey Europe Limited. Both companies will treat your personal information in accordance with their privacy policies.
4. The Competition will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Adventure Base Ltd (the “Rules”). Entrant must comply with the Rules and will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules by participating in the Competition. The terms of the Competition, as set out in the Rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein. Adventure Base Ltd’s decisions with respect to the Competition are final and binding. If any provisions of the Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
5. Entrants must be the owner of the email address supplied, or otherwise have the right to submit the email address for consideration in the Competition.
6. Entrants must be 16 years of age or older at the date of entering the Competition. If 16 they must be accompanied by an adult.
7. Winner will be selected at the end of the Competition Period and will be selected as follows. At the end of the Competition Period, one email address will be selected at random from the group of eligible email addresses. Adventure Base Ltd will notify the winner via the email address supplied.
8. Before being declared a prize winner, the selected entrant will be required to confirm compliance with Competition Rules and acceptance of prizes as offered; acknowledging the non-responsibility of Adventure Base Ltd and their respective agents with respect to injuries, accident, loss or misfortune relating to the prize; and acknowledging Adventure Base Ltd’s and their respective agents’ right to publish or broadcast the winner’s picture, name, address, voice and statements without charge or further compensation other than the prize offered.
9. In the event that a selected entrant is not eligible to claim the prize or does not claim the prize within 48 hours of being notified as a winner by email, or is unwilling or unable to comply with the Rules, or any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that entry will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to another contestant.
10. Winner may waive their right to receive a prize. Competition prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable, have no cash value and must be accepted by the winner as awarded. Adventure Base Ltd and Osprey Europe reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that the specified prize is unavailable due to circumstances beyond their control.
11. Winner must claim prize in full. The trekking component of the prize must be undertaken by 1st of October 2022 and Winner is to confirm dates with Adventure Base Ltd within 7 days of prize notification.
12. Entrants acknowledge that this is an Adventure Base Ltd Competition and is solely sponsored by Adventure Base Ltd. By entering the Competition, entrants acknowledge that they have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the Rules.
13. By entering the Competition, entrants acknowledge that they are releasing Adventure Base Ltd and their respective affiliates, sponsors, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family and household members of the above, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Competition or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including any travel, climbing, mountaineering, mountain biking, skiing or snowboarding related there to (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light). By entering the Competition, entrants also agree to fully indemnify Adventure Base Ltd and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, suppliers, sponsors and agents and hold each of them harmless from any and all claims costs, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Competition, including any use of the Prize, by any third parties.
14. Rules shall not operate to exclude or restrict any person’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from such person’s negligence, nor to exempt or restrict any person’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
15. Adventure Base Ltd and their agents are not responsible for: (a) any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail entry on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer, related to or resulting from playing or downloading materials in this promotion including the recording of game results; (b) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by the website users or by any equipment of programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries; or (c) the theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries or the website. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorised account holder of the provided email address at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant.
16. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Competition, any prize awarded or any use of any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in England and Wales to the extent permitted by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Adventure Base Ltd in connection with the Competition, any prize awarded or any use of any prize awarded, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of England and Wales.
17. Promoter: Adventure Base Ltd, 65 Chaveney Road, Quorn, Leicestershire, LE12 8AB.