Insurance for your Adventure - Adventure Base
Bespoke Trips
Created with Sketch.

Insurance for your Adventure

Stay Protected



Let’s face it, these types of trips don’t come risk free. We’re putting ourselves in amazing environments but also environments that carry an element of risk with them. In order to protect yourself adequately you will need a specialist travel insurance that caters for the types of activities you will be undertaking. It is a condition of our agreement that you are covered by adequate travel insurance for your arrangements. Such insurance as a minimum must cover your losses sustained as a result of cancellation, medical issues, and repatriation in the event of death, accident or illness.

Your insurance must cover:

  • Each country you visit on the trip
  • The specific activity required (Trekking, mountaineering, skiing, etc.)
  • The correct altitude (You must be covered up to the highest point on the trip for air rescue)
  • Lost baggage (if your bag is lost, your trip is in jeopardy so you must be able to make last minute purchases)


We recommend using True Traveller for all your insurance needs outside of the UK. They specialise in dealing with more complicated insurance requirements such as the ones you’re likely to be experiencing. You can build your own package or you can speak to one of their specialists to make sure you’re covered.

They have a standard policy, meaning you can go trekking or walking up to an altitude not exceeding 3,000 metres (9,842 feet). This will cover the majority of general walking holidays. If you get the Adventure Activity Pack when you take out the insurance, this covers you for trekking to 4,600 metres (15,091 feet) which will cover you for the majority of trips in the Alps. The Extreme Pack / Adventure Pack covers trekking up Mt. Kilimanjaro, even though the summit of Kilimanjaro, Uhuru Peak, is at 5,895 metres! Note Kilimanjaro is the only summit over 4,600 metres which is included within the Adventure Pack.

For the extreme trekker / climber, you’ll need the Ultimate Adventure Pack, as that covers you for trekking over 4,600 metres (Mont Blanc). There is no restriction on altitude whatsoever, so if you’re going to Everest Base Camp in Nepal (5364 metres), Island Peak (6,189 metres) or even Mera Peak, high up in the Himalayas (6,476 metres), don’t worry, you’re covered when you take out the Extreme Adventure Pack.

They define mountaineering as climbing mountains involving ice climbing, rock climbing and mixed climbing where you carry all your belongings with you at all times. It normally requires the use of ropes, picks or specialist climbing equipment. Note they do not cover free mountaineering, climbing in remote or inaccessible regions, exploratory expeditions or new routes. If you are taking part in one of our ski mountaineering trips you will need to make sure you add Winter Sports Cover.

To learn more or book your insurance click here


If you are climbing / trekking / skiing over 6000m or the trip takes place in the UK then you will need to work with a company like BMC in order to cover you adequately. You can learn more here.


If you’re coming from North America or Australia then the above insurance providers will probably not cover your requirements. Instead please enquire with World Nomads as they’ve helped our clients before.

To learn more or book your insurance click here.

Account sign in

Lost your password?

Don't have an account? Sign up

By signing in, you are agreeing to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.